Closing Date: Open until filled
Position: Head Start/ Early Head Start Education Manager
Location: Rural Utah Child Development
Work Hours: Exempt Status 40 hours per week, full-year, benefits, medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacations, and holidays
Salary Range: Salary will be based on education and experience
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays, and vacation and employee assistance program provided through Blomquist Hale
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in early childhood education, or a Baccalaureate or advanced degree in a related field with equivalent coursework in early childhood education
- Experience working with children.
- Preferred experience with child observation records, anecdotal note writing, early childhood curriculums, ChildPlus, CLASS, early childhood development.
- Experience with the administration and monitoring of developmental/cognitive assessments and screenings.
- Experience working in a classroom setting.
- Experience in leadership with the ability to motivate staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the implementation of state and federal education requirements described in the Head Start Program Performance Standards and other regulations and legislation as they pertain.
- Analyze data collected and use the knowledge gained to strengthen and support systems.
- Directly supervise Head Start staff as reflected in the RUCD Organizational Chart.
- Make independent decisions regarding the Head Start services they manage.
- Maintain required documentation and submit reports on time
- Be a team player and support management and leadership teams and RUCD staff.
- Positive, solution-focused, and consistent work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to create, maintain and monitor complex systems, policies, and procedures
- Ability to strategize along with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Monitor and complete Head Start and Early Head Start compliance for all facets of the program.
- Advanced computer skills
Other Factors: Must adhere to RUCD Policies and Procedures, including confidentiality and Personnel Policies. Must be willing to attend meetings and training. Must be willing to travel, including overnight trips. Must have reliable transportation. Must be willing to complete and pass a physical examination. Must agree to and pass a background check and drug screen. Must be 18 years or older upon applying.