Position(s): Teacher/Teacher Assistant
Location: Moab, Utah
Closing Date: Open until filled
Truly meaningful work can be life-changing, and when the work you do is not only life-changing for you, but for the people you do the work for, that's a win/win like no other. Our organization, Rural Utah Child Development (RUCD), needs you as a Teacher. In this front-facing role, your drive, determination, and self-disciplined approach to achieving learning goals for all students is paramount. You will work at a faster than average pace which aligns with your innate ability to pivot quickly based on changing priorities. You engender trust by demonstrating a sense of urgency and assuring consistent achievement of quality standards.
- Technical problem solver who uses ingenuity while working within approved organizational systems while demonstrating the values of integrity, quality, and caution.
- New ideas, concepts, and creative methodologies are important but will be carefully analyzed and tested before communication and adoption.
- When working with others, you set the example in assuring policies and procedures are followed and time frames are met, providing structured opportunities to develop expertise and capability for quality work.
- Enjoy a variety of activities while handling multiple projects in our fast-paced classroom environment.
Education Requirements (one of the following)
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education or Bachelor's degree in a related field or any field as agreed upon by the agency with 15 credit hours relating to Early Childhood Education.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education with one year of paid experience working with young children or Associate Degree with 15 early childhood credits. Experience with special needs children is desirable.
What we offer:
- Full-time, 40-hour workweek, seasonal, eligible for unemployment in the summer months
- Starting wage at $19.20/hour (additional education will be considered in the final pay rate)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance are offered; Employee Assistant Program also provided
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- "Sign-on bonus offered!"
What you'll do (if there is anything that you use to measure to success – it is good to align the responsibilities here)
- Actively supervises and engages children using the universal active supervision plan by using zone supervision, counting children throughout the day indoors and outside, using the name-to-face methods, adhering to a daily routine, and ensuring no child is ever left alone.
- Follows RUCD behavior management procedures to ensure appropriate teacher-child interactions where no child is maltreated or harmed, including pulling on arms or legs, slapping, physically restraining a child, etc.
- Supports and promotes RUCD Head Start School Readiness Goals with children and families.
- Understands, supports, and promotes developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate learning experiences for children in language, literacy, mathematics, social and emotional functioning, approaches to learning, science, physical skills, and creative arts through the use of the HighScope Curriculum, Second Step kits, Conscious Discipline, RUCD School Readiness Goals, RUCD Teacher Manual, RUCD Policies and Procedures and Head Start Performance Standards.
- Prepares and follows daily lesson plans using developmentally appropriate practices based on children's interests and individualized goals.
- Administers the Child Observation Record (COR) to assess children's growth through accurate anecdotal notes using timely observations to increase child outcomes and input scores daily.
- Occasionally required to sit; stand; bend; walk; reach with hands and arms, including above the head; grasp with one or both hands; manipulate hands to handle or feel; talk and hear. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, sit on the floor, lift, carry and move up to 50 pounds.
Who we are:
Rural Utah Child Development (RUCD) is a comprehensive child development program designed to meet the educational, emotional, social, and health needs of children. The RUCD team works well together to provide strong support and leadership, creating a consistent and quality learning environment. Children receive individualized lesson plans with developmentally appropriate learning experiences, and families are involved with their children's education while they receive assistance with personal goals, parenting information, and leadership through parent committees and Policy Council. For more information, please visit, https://www.rucd.org/
and thank you for your application!
Rural Utah Child Development and all employees will adhere to all COVID-19 protocols and Federal mandates under the Path Out of the Pandemic plan. All RUCD employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the requirements of the American with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101 et seq..), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (42 U.S.C. § 2000e et seq.), the Utah Anti-Discrimination Act (34A-5-101), and any other relevant federal or State law. As such all persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment. Please keep this in mind as you are considering this position.
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer."